The 2020 YLRL certificate will be called the
YLRL FAVORITE BIRD CERTIFICATE!
1. Talk to YL's and exchange favorite bird. If you don’t have a favorite bird just choose a bird to give out.
2. You will need to collect 15 different birds.
3. You will need one YL for each bird. You can only use a bird once. You can only use a YL once.
4. All contacts must be made during the 2020 year (January 1 - December 31, 2020).
5. Contacts may be made on any band the YL is licensed to be on, and any mode including SSB, all digital modes, Echo-link, and repeaters.
6. Favorite bird must be exchanged over the air. You cannot e-mail someone after the contact and ask them for their favorite bird.
7. Contacts may be made during nets only if the net control allows it.
8. Report the following for each contact:
Date, time, band, first name, QTH ( just state or country), FAVORITE BIRD.
9. Send your list in with Birds in alphabetical order, to the Certificates Manager at any time during the year, but no later than the end of January 2021 to receive your certificate.
10. This certificate is available ONLY to YL's.
A few hints on the birds …
1. Be specific in your choice of your favorite bird. For example, please don’t say, any bird. Make sure you give the name of the bird ie: Purple Finch.
2. If you don’t have a favorite bird, go to a website and look at all the different birds. Then choose one that is unusual.
Applications may be submitted by: e-mail to: Val HERE or mail to:
1125 Iroquois St. W.
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Canada, S6H 5C1
For manual log, please click Annual_Award_Form
Please be sure to send your 2019 log for Favorite Book into Val no later than January 31, 2020.