We Have 2 New Certificates for 2020
The 2020 YLRL certificate will be called the
YLRL FAVORITE BIRD CERTIFICATE!
1. Talk to YL's and exchange favorite bird. If you don’t have a favorite bird just choose a bird to give out.
2. You will need to collect 15 different birds.
3. You will need one YL for each bird. You can only use a bird once. You can only use a YL once.
4. All contacts must be made during the 2020 year (January 1 - December 31, 2020).
5. Contacts may be made on any band the YL is licensed to be on, and any mode including SSB, all digital modes, Echo-link, and repeaters.
6. Favorite bird must be exchanged over the air. You cannot e-mail someone after the contact and ask them for their favorite bird.
7. Contacts may be made during nets only if the net control allows it.
8. Report the following for each contact:
Date, time, band, first name, QTH, FAVORITE BIRD.
9. Send your list in with Birds in alphabetical order, to the Certificates Manager at any time during the year, but no later than the end of January 2021 to receive your certificate.
10. This certificate is available ONLY to YL's.
A few hints on the birds …
1. Be specific in your choice of your favorite bird. For example, please don’t say, any bird. Make sure you give the name of the bird ie: Purple Finch.
2. If you don’t have a favorite bird, go to a website and look at all the different birds. Then choose one that is unusual.
Applications may be submitted by: e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
1125 Iroquois St. W.
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Canada, S6H 5C1
For manual log, please click Annual_Award_Form
Please be sure to send your 2019 log for Favorite Book into Val no later than January 31, 2020.
The second new certificate is for CLARA.
The 2020 CLARA certificate will be called the
YLs Who Have Dogs Challenge
This year the 2020 CLARA Challenge is really a challenge should you choose to accept it.
You DO NOT have to be a dog owner to participate. So make sure you do this challenge.
This Certificate is ONLY FOR YLs
1. Talk to YLs. All contacts must be made during the 2020 year (January 1 - December 31, 2020).
2. Contacts may be made on any band the YL is licensed to be on, and any mode including SSB, CW, all digital modes, DMR, Echo-link, and repeaters.
3. Contacts may be made during nets only if the net control allows it.
4. You must contact 25 YLs who are dog owners.
5. You must make your contact on air, whichever mode you are using.
6. You may only use the same YL (ex. Val, VE5ACJ) once.
7. Your goal is to contact YLs who are dog owners anywhere in the world
8. Please use the log provided. You must have the Date, Time, YLs’ Name, Dog’s Name, Dog Breed , frequency and mode.
9. Logs must be sent into Val, no later than Jan. 31, 2021
Applications may be submitted by: email@example.com or mail to:
Val Lemko. 1125 Iroquois St. W. Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. Canada, S6H 5C1.
Please CLICK HERE for the LOG
Please make sure you send your logs for the CLARA CHALLENGE CERTIFICATE 2019 in no later than Jan. 31, 2020 to Val